The Sedona Art Prize is an Annual Painting Competition and Artist Promotion
Annual membership (one-time fee of $25) entitles you to promote one or more of your paintings throughout all months remaining in the year-long competition. Following registration, whenever you're logged in, you'll be able to see the "Add Painting" link in the top menu.
- Registration is a $25 one-time fee. Once registered, you can log in any time to enter a painting.
- Once registered, it's $10 for EACH INDIVIDUAL painting entry you submit. This is because each painting entered receives its own dedicated page with the following features: large display of your painting, website link (if you have a website), your personal contact form with any other contact details you choose, long description area, and place for a video (if available) to ensure the best possible promotion of your work.
- PAINTING ENTERED MUST BE CREATED WITH PHYSICAL PAINTING MEDIA ONLY (NO PHOTOGRAPHY ART OR DIGITAL ART): Paintings must be created with real, traditional media such as oil, watercolor, pastel, pencil, or acrylic. Paintings may be "mixed media" as long as they use a combination of traditional painting/drawing media and are meant to be viewed from one direction as a 2-D (two dimensional) creation on flat painting surfaces which may include canvas, board, panel, paper, gypsum, copper/metal, wood, wall, etc. Copies of art or photos by someone else are not accepted; frames or the room/space behind your canvas should never be showing.
- Each painting you upload is entered into the competition.
- Enter as many paintings as you like.
- You may enter the same painting again in another month of the competition unless it is selected as a "Best in Show" or Finalist.
- One Best In Show selected by different judge each month receives $200 cash.
- In addition to Best in Show, 11 Finalists selected by different judge each month.
- One Artists Choice Award each month, selected by logged-in member artists, $100 cash.
- 144 Finalists from all 12 months compete for $5000 Grand Prize, $1000 Second Prize, and $750 Third Prize.
With Each Artwork Entered:
- Your painting receives its own, stand-alone promotional page
- With each artwork posted, enter your own promotional details, ESPECIALLY IN THE DESCRIPTION. People are eager to know the inspiration behind your painting, the "how, where, and why" of its creation, the story you're trying to tell, or the vision you want to share. Or, just write something interesting about yourself... or add this to the info about your painting. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! The more you write, the more it shows you're serious about letting the world know about your work. THE MORE YOU CAN SAY, THE BETTER WE CAN PROMOTE YOU! We use Facebook promoted posts to reach a whole new audience for your painting — 100 times more effective when there's something interesting to say AND THAT'S WHERE YOUR DESCRIPTION IS CRITICAL.
- Link to your website from each artwork page.
- Contact form on each artwork page enables inquiries from interested parties, such as private collectors and art galleries.
- The opportunity to sell your work by posting the price, or by auction/buy now. We TAKE NO COMMISSION OR CUT OF YOUR SALES! YOUR SALES ARE YOUR OWN. You enter your own PayPal email in your artist profile so that any sale goes directly to you!